Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Why God made me

Psalm 8, The Holy Bible



What has more power to catch our attention than reading "God made me [for]...."? It cuts to the quick of what we all want to know, what we are scared we'll never find.



Psalm 8:6 says "You [God] have made him [man] TO HAVE DOMINION over the works of Your hands; You have put ALL THINGS under his feet.



It is my destiny, and yours, to have dominion. It's why you were created. It's why He made you. To walk on the earth in the authority God has given you, as His God-formed, Spirit-filled creation. How can I do that?



Verse 4 says that God is "mindful" of us and that he visits with man. Think of that! It is my destiny to visit with God! He thinks about ME. He considers ME. He cares about me and wants to visit with me.



In Genesis we see how God made man and woman and visited them in the garden, the place where they exercised their dominion, and walked with them and talked with them. It is from that place of relationship with God, visiting with Him, that I can walk in my delegated authority on the earth. My dominion is GIVEN to me by God - He is the ultimate authority - and to walk in it as I should, I need to walk with Him.



A picture came to mind of a bride and groom walking side by side in right relationship. The groom gives his bride dominion (authority, resources, responsibility) to carry out the necessary tasks she has to accomplish. Think of the Proverbs 31 woman who is excellent not only in caring for her home, but in her business dealings outside of the home. She and her husband are working in their individual spheres of responsibility, and she has everything she needs to do it well, and his love and respect for her, the freedom he gives her to carry these tasks out - beautiful!



God has made us in the same way. We are created to walk with God in His ordained authority for us, having all that we need in Him, through Christ Jesus, for all things to be under our feet. That means we are the overcomers, not the overcome.

We are above and not beneath

We are the head and not the tail



God wants to visit with you today. To walk with you. To talk with you. It's what you were made for.

No comments:

Post a Comment