Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Truth in the Inward Parts

The truth can hurt. It can be ugly. It can be freeing.
The Bible says that God "desires truth in the inward parts" of us. We aren't supposed to hide our stuff, deny it or run from it. Rats.

Of course, reading that was like shining a light on "stuff" in me. I like to think that my reaction to acknowledging my "Stuff" is normal - what everyone else would do - I want to run from it. Forget about it.

"Fearfulfness and trembling have come upon me, and horror has overwhelmed me. So I said, "Oh, that I had wings like a dove! I would fly away and be at rest. Indeed, I would wander far off and remain in the wilderness. I would hasten my escape from the windy storm and tempest". (Ps. 55:5-8) Yep, that's me.

But if I run, the stuff just stays in place, perhaps grows more entrenched, and I really do want to be free from it. We all have "stuff". Areas of weakness in our hearts where we are vulnerable (attitudes are biggies). There are times where I empathize with the Apostle Paul as He cries to God to remove the thorn in his flesh - he is tired of dealing with it.

V. 22 says "Cast your burden on the Lord, and He shall sustain you; He shall never permit the righteous to be moved". "When I cry out to You, then my enemies will turn back; this I know because God is for me....In God I have put my trust" (Ps. 56:9-10).

I know, am convinced, that God is for me. He doesn't bash me with my "stuff". He forgives it. I am standing in the righteousness of Christ, and God will not permit me to be moved because I am His. Beautiful.

So, I desire truth - bring it on. But God, have mercy upon me and deliver me!

Gonna do a little freedom dance now.....

No comments:

Post a Comment