Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Getting Mean and Nasty

Is it ever okay to be mean and nasty? Are we ever entitled to be rude? How about demanding or insensitive?

Sigh.

Yes, we can disagree, be disappointed even. We can have strong feelings and opinions. But love is not mean, nasty, rude, demanding, insensitive, negatively critical.....I am disappointed when I find such things in my own life, and it's a terrible disappointment when on the receiving end of it from Christ-followers.

Love lives a Spirit-controlled life, not allowing emotions to override us. Love listens and asks questions instead of passing judgement first. Love responds instead of reacting.

Do I always walk in perfect love? Nope. But I am constantly working on it.
God, give me patience to love those who are struggling with being unlovely, and to remember that they are on a journey as much as I am. As much as I need God's grace, God help me to extend it.

Let's keep the love.

No comments:

Post a Comment